Sunday, 28 June 2015

Bronzing with Chanel

It's been absolutely ages since I last blogged, but seeing as the UK is about to be hit by a heatwave (can I get a woopwoop), I thought it would be appropriate to write about a product which makes achieving a natural summer glow so easy! 

I don't like wearing make-up when the weather is hot, and sometimes find my tinted moisturiser too sticky and dewy for warmer temperatures. I haven't worn foundation for a good month and my skin has been so grateful for it - it hasn't sought revenge in the form of breakouts! Could this possibly my skin's way of thanking me for not suffocating it with unnecessary lotions and potions? 

I bought the Soleil Tan De Chanel after reading some great reviews but unless you want to walk out of the door looking like an original oompa loompa, I would suggest you steer clear of this bronzing make-up base. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan and had to return it. Perhaps I'm applying it wrong but the colour itself is far too pigmented for my liking and I hate feeling 'fake'. There are two ways to apply it: to highlight cheekbones or it can be combined with a little moisturiser to create a tinted moisturiser. Considering it's loved by so many, I was disappointed that it didn't work as well but the end result was far (far far far) from the natural look I wanted. 


I bought the next product on a complete whim. To be completely honest, the flower pattern was my sole reason for purchasing - have you ever seen a powder look this pretty? - but the colour itself is lovely once applied to the skin. There are so many bronzers out there and they're all heavily pigmented with orange or dark brown tones, but this one is so subtle. 

The flower no doubt will slowly fade but if you're looking for something that sits lightly on the skin, a powdered bronzer is probably best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment