Thursday, 28 May 2015

The Olive Tree, Romsey

I think finding new places to visit is always a lot of fun and I've been meaning to go to this little pub-restaurant for a while now, so I put on jeans and a shirt and headed for lunch with my lovely friend! We're fast approaching June and the weather is still disappointing, so we opted to sit inside; we were surrounded by low ceilings, books and candles which created a really nice atmosphere.


We ordered a Club Tree Sandwich (toasted bread, chicken, bacon, tomato, egg mayonnaise and lettuce) each and went for fries. The chips were some of the nicest chips I've ever tasted and the sandwich was so good. The chefs aren't afraid to pack it with as much as they can  (super value!) which meant I had bacon and sauce falling out of the sandwich as I ate...but no one was watching as I acted like a complete animal so I carried on. 

The waitress brought us water with lemon and ice which was a nice touch and if you request sauces, they come in little pots with spoons which was lovely! It doesn't take much to please me! 

Overall I was really happy with the great service and the fab food so I recommend going if you're searching for a new place to dine at. 


There's a car park close by - about a 1 minute walk away - and it's £1.50 to park for 2 hours.


The Olive Tree, Romsey | 11 Latimer Street SO51 8DF

No comments:

Post a Comment