Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Decleor: The Golden Brand

I was introduced to Decleor by my lovely mum. Decleor uses 100% natural and preservative free ingredients, which very few brands offer. With a strong ethos concerning the benefits of using aromatherapy and essential oils, Decleor will forever remain my brand of choice. 

The packaging is yellow and yellow is my favourite colour; it all makes sense.


The Decleor Aromessence Angélique Serum is probably my favourite product in the world of all beauty products ever to be made EVER. As with all Decleor products, it smells wonderful and you only need to use a minimal amount to cover the face. There's only one issue: Decleor have discontinued Angélique. Give me a moment... 

I'd be lying if I said I cried, but this was absolutely devastating. 'What will make me smell like a real-life spa now?!' I wept, but I managed to buy a few more bottles before they sold out. There are a range of similar Decleor Aromessence facial oils: Neroli, Rose d'Orient, Iris, Marjolaine, Mandarin, Ylang Ylang, White Oil and Excellence. 

Neroli - an oil serum to hydrate all skin types
Rose d'Orient - a serum to instantly soothe and calm sensitive skin types
 Iris - a serum for mature skin to help reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles
Marjolaine - a serum to intensively nourish dry and very dry skin types
Mandarin - a serum to correct and prevent the first the first signs of ageing 
Ylang Ylang - a serum to reduce excess sebum and shine for oily skin types
White Oil - a serum which helps reduce pigmentation and brighten dull skin
Excellence -  an intensely regenerative and restorative anti-ageing serum for more mature skin

For a while I tested Marjolaine, but it didn't compare to Aromessence Angélique Serum. I think I'm going to look into Neroli and Rose d'Orient. 

When applying any of the oils above, it goes a long way which means you don't need a lot; just a few drops should be enough to nourish the face - pay close attention to the cheeks, forehead and décolletage. 


Pictured below are some testers I am still yet to use, however the title 'Prolagène Lift' suggests the product is for more mature skin. When I don't get enough sleep, dark circles tend to form around my eyes and the Aroma Lisse transformed these dark shadows almost instantly. 


Decleor Aroma Night is a golden yellow balm and leaves skin feeling so smooth. I absolutely love balms because of their thick consistency - I really feel as though balms are most effective because they're so different from the usual moisturiser that are absorbed into the skin within seconds upon application. My mum and I both apply this at night and I awake in the morning with skin so moisturised - dry skin is completely banished! My mum has great skin for her age and so I didn't hesitate to start using Decleor. Some of the products are certainly on the more expensive end of the spectrum but the quality of all oils, balms and creams is brilliant. 


I bought this Intense Nutrition after reading some brilliant reviews. The comforting cocoon cream is an intense moisturiser and leaves my skin dewey. I apply this after I shower and don't apply any make-up for at least twenty minutes as I prefer to wait for it to fully absorb into the skin. During the winter, my skin becomes fairly dry but this cream fulfilled its duty and completely nourished and replenished my face - leaving no signs of dryness. 


The Decleor Soothing Micellar Water is perfect for removing all traces of make-up, and is a brilliant cleanser. No parabens and containing rose oil means the water is suitable for sensitive skin types. 


And if the products don't work for you the way you'd like them to, the packaging is still very pretty to look at... 

2 comments:

  1. I am also heartbroken that Angelique has been discontinued. I was just googling "what makes Decleor Aromessence Angelique smell so good" when I found your post. I am assuming it is the angelica archangelica root oil since it is contained in the name of the product; I'll soon know as I ordered some last week. If you know the answer, please let me know. I've used this oil for (literally) decades. I love it for the same reason as you: it smells like a spa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a user of Angelique oil. I tried the Marjolaine and it is not a replacement for Angelique. I was able to purchase a salon size Angelique oil off Ebay--but can only find small bottles now :(

    ReplyDelete