Thursday, 26 March 2015

Beauty Desk

I've written individual posts about most products shown in the following photos and thought it would be a good idea to give a brief overview of some old, and some newer favourites. 

The product I'm most excited to tell you about is the Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré. I was going to dedicate an entire post to the one product but decided this post would be a lot more fun to read!


Benefit's Hoola Bronzer  I use this particular bronzer for when I go out and not so much for everyday wear. It's a fairly dark pigment and I tend to wear less  make-up during the day, so this is a product I usually refer to when I go out out. I use that phrase a lot - out out - but out and out out are two entirely different things so I need to differentiate between the two!  

The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Moisture Lotion SPF 15 - I'll be using this a lot more during the summer, with its SPF 15 this lotion will be perfect for protecting my face against sun damage. I was always so keen to acquire a tan a few years ago but now I've learnt about the importance of protecting the skin from UV rays. At first the lotion leaves a shade of white when applied, but this only lasts whilst the product sinks into the skin. 


Simple Eye Make-up Remover - The most gentle eye make-up remover. I love Simple products because I know the ingredients are all natural with no unnecessary ingredients - all pure and kind to sensitive skin.

The Body Shop Vanilla Body Mist - Vanilla is my all-time favourite scent. I love the Body Mist because it's not as expensive as other perfumes and still smells so good. 

The Body Shop Almond Kiss Nail Varnish - I have previously written a post exclaiming a newfound love for a Collection branded nail varnish, hailing it as the best nude varnish, but this Almond Kiss is a lovely shade. The only downfall is that it chips quite easily and doesn't last all that long. I also love the name of it: Almond Kiss - perhaps because I love almonds. (You're thinking, 'there she goes referencing food again!' and I promise if I could help it, I'd refrain. But the thought of food consumes my mind almost as much as I consume food...which is a lot/most of the time/ all day every day). I also love pistachio nuts but draw the line at wearing green nail varnish. 

Dr Organic's Virgin Coconut Oil Skin Lotion - A brilliant body moisturiser. I don't use this on my face as the scent is quite strong but it does its job very well in moisturising the skin. 


Mac Studio Face and Body Foundation - The only foundation I've ever truly been happy with. It isn't greasy at all and leaves the face with a matte finish. It isn't great at covering up blemishes but there are other products available out there to fulfil that job! The foundation gives a light coverage. I use shade C3, and am yet to find a foundation (that isn't ridiculously expensive) that outdoes my trusted Mac. 

Champney's Pillow Mist - I sometimes have difficulty in falling asleep. I've always been so envious of the people who can go straight to bed and fall asleep. Unless I'm extremely tired, it's always been a task. I find reading a book helps but if you're not a reader then relaxing pillow mist will help. There are so many on offer - chamomile and lavender are brilliant scents for this. 



Bobbi Brown Warm Eye Palette - Equipped with the perfect colours, this eye palette is the greatest. I only really wear eyeshadow when I go out for the night and the warm eye colours go really nicely with darker eyes. The Cool Eye Palette would work beautifully with blue eyes! 


Here it is! It's the Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré. I've heard a mix of reviews concerning this product with some questioning what the fuss is all about. I bought this about a week ago and wanted to test it for a few days to ensure that the review I gave was demonstrative of the product's true effectiveness. 

With the end of the semester of second year at University looming, I have a lot of work to hand in and exams to revise for. This has a tremendous impact on my skin and I've found stress contributes greatly to dryness. I wanted a cheap moisturiser that I could use a lot of, without feeling guilty about this overuse. The product is a light formula, with a clean, floral scent and will remind you of your childhood! The product claims to be a moisturiser, a cleanser, and a make-up remover; I find it does all three really well.

It leaves my skin feeling refreshed, smooth and cleansed. If you're going to use this as a primer/moisturiser prior to the application of make-up, I would advise you use only a little considering applying a lot of this cream really moisturises the skin, often leaving it only slightly oily. By oily, I don't mean clog up pores greasy, it just does an excellent job in moisturising any dry, flaky patches. 

It's been around since the 1950s and is said to be a makeup artist's favourite and celebrities' go-to product. Formulated in Paris, it's packed with mineral oil, aloe vera, shea butter, soy proteins and beeswax. What's great about this product is that it's ideal for sensitive skin due to its few ingredients. There are better moisturisers out there, but it's always fun to try something new. 

All I can say is, thank you France! 



Batiste in Oriental and Medium Brunette - I tend to wash my hair every day but when I start work at half 6 in the morning, leaving enough time in the morning to wash and blow-dry my hair is an almost impossible task. So for the early mornings when my face doesn't seem to cooperate with me, my hair is always keen to do as it's told with a little help from Batiste

Origins Modern Friction - I love Origins products but they're somewhat pricey. This dermabrasion formula works as a deep but gentle exfoliator and seeks to lessen the appearance of pores. It works really well and the consistency is similar to that of a clay-mask, with fine beads to remove any dead skin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment