Saturday, 21 March 2015

Surf Spray: 50ml of the Beach

Tomorrow marks the official first day of spring and what better way to celebrate the changing of the seasons than to treat our hair to the taste of the beach. I've wanted to purchase some Bumble and bumble products for so long and finally plucked up the courage to spend some money on the brand. The brand is quite expensive but I've read endless reviews detailing the cost reflects the great quality of each product so I took the plunge and spent £9.50 on this 50ml of Surf Spray. Spending nearly £10 on a tiny bottle of 'salt water' sounds somewhat crazy but I think it's worth it. Plus, if you purchase from Feel Unique, you're likely to get 10% off. 

If this product was a human it would be an Australian beach dude, surfing the waves with a surfer fro. 


Prior to spritzing I did straighten my hair which may have affected the overall end result. I think tousled waves would work if the hair has been left to dry naturally after washing. Despite having straightened my hair, the spray left my hair will plenty of volume and a lot more oompf. A look only possible to achieve when at the beach!

Before:


After: 


What I particularly liked is that it volumised the hair in all the right places - it left the layers in my hair with a lot of bounce. 


I would guess that the length of the hair has an influence on the overall result. I think this product would work great with shorter hairstyles as opposed to longer. 

If you've never tried salt sprays before, I would suggest buying the smaller 50ml size like I did. The bottle is tiny (smaller than I had anticipated) but I think it's going to last a while. To achieve optimum results, the spray may perhaps work more effectively applied to wet hair, followed by the hair drying technique I'm sure everyone does - tipping your head upside down and blowing drying upwards. 

This surf spray certainly added texture to my hair and so for this reason, I think this will become my go-to product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment