Monday, 16 February 2015

Summer Holidays

Who else is craving sunshine, hot weather and the beach? 

British seasides and beaches are some of the prettiest things, but going abroad and visiting new places is so exciting. If you live in Hampshire, West Wittering beach makes for a great day out, but there's no comparison to the clear waters of Caribbean sea, the hot Egyptian sun or warm Mexican thunderstorms (thunderstorms where you can still get a tan by the way- crazy!). 


I recently read a 'mock' article that answers the question 'what does your university degree say about you?' and under English, it stated 'daydreamers'. Admittedly, I stared at the screen thinking only one thing... 'how did they know?!'. I am a daydreamer. I'm incredibly focused, I work really hard, but when I'm sat in a lecture my mind does start to wander off. Then my dreaming is cut short with the question 'Elena, what do you think of Mary Wollstonecraft's attempt to highlight aspects of feminism?'. At this point, I've spent the last 20 minutes picturing myself in an exotic country, and have to make something up on the spot. Which I manage to, every time. What a skill. 

I have a terrible case of wanderlust leading up to the summer months, so have decided to share a travel wishlist. 






















Rome, Florence, Pisa, Verona, Positano, Capri, Sorrento
I'm in love with all things ITALY. I've been to Italy so many times to visit relatives and old cobbled streets are my favourite. I've been lucky enough to have visited a remote village where my grandparents grew up (in the South of Italy) and it's one of the most beautiful places with very picturesque scenery. 
Who doesn't want to go to Pisa, just to see the leaning tower of Pisa? It's a tower, that leans. Magic. 


Morocco
Morocco, particularly Marrakesh, looks colourful in all aspects! The food and street decor look vibrant and I would love to wander through endless streets, trying the food on offer and marvelling at the spectacularly coloured prints! 


Santorini, Mykonos
Greek islands are renowned for their white and blue architecture. A few of my friends have been to Mykonos and their photographs are so beautiful to look at!




Hawaii
I want to wear a fringed hula skirt with a flower necklace garland, sipping piña coladas. Very stereotypical of me, but that's just the way it is. 



Maldives
I think this is everyone's dream holiday destination! It looks like the ultimate holiday of relaxation and tranquility and I can only hope that one day I'll be able to afford to go! I've read somewhere that on an island in the Maldives, you'll find sea stars. These microbes are washed up on the beach and they look like little stars. This would probably be the most beautiful thing to watch, I would undoubtedly be in absolute awe of this. 


Other destinations include Los Angeles, California, New York. New York is a must for everyone I think; I would love to go just so I can say 'WHERE'S THE CAWFEE?' and wave down a yellow cab. (A CAB, not a taxi). Travel is the best form of education. I'm not too fond of flying, but for experiences like these, it's worth it. 



Only the holiday destination images have been sourced directly from Pinterest, all others are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment