Friday, 20 February 2015

Sloane Square, Chelsea

A day trip to Chelsea has been on my to do list for quite some time and upon catching the tube to Sloane Square, I couldn't have been more excited. I have always wanted to go to Chelsea, partly because I used to watch Made In Chelsea, but more so because I am in love with the grand white town houses and the ornate iron black fencing. 
My mum (a.k.a my best friend) and I took a train to London and I was eager to visit The Good Life Eatery after seeing endless posts on Instagram about their famous shakes and salads. Unfortunately, we arrived at what seemed its busiest time and were unable to find any seating. So we headed to one of my favourite places to eat, Pret A Manger, instead.

Walking down Sloane Street my mum said 'I wonder if we'll see any celebrities' and I know this is going to sound a little too coincidental to be true, but we turned around and Millie Mackintosh was sat having her nails done in a salon we happened to be walking straight past. 

I never stumble across celebrities, so for a second I forgot how to breathe and if I hadn't been with my mum, I wouldn't have been brave enough to ask for a photo. I look truly terrible in the photo but I won't be deleting it! She was very sweet and kindly allowed my mum to snap away. 

To reach the heart of Chelsea, we caught the Jubilee line tube from Waterloo to Westminster, and then the circle/district line to Sloane Square. I had preconceived ideas about what Chelsea looked like and I was right in thinking there would be endless white town houses with coloured doors, and flowers perched along windowsills! 


I love the look of Vespas, although this one needed a clean!


After a walk around Chelsea, forcing our way through the wind and crisp air, mum and I headed for something to eat. 
We tried to convince ourselves that today wasn't about shopping along Oxford Street, but guess who ended up catching a bus to... the O word...? Yep. Us. 

I caught the train home in the evening clutching Pull & Bear and H&M shopping bags, they were empty though. I promise... 


Hat: Asos
Shirt: Topshop
A-line skirt: Topshop
Shoes: New Look
Bag: Longchamp 

No comments:

Post a Comment