Sunday, 22 February 2015

London Love

I can't help but become a typical tourist whenever I'm in London. If I'm not on the hunt for food, you'll find me with a camera in my hand taking photos of everything and anything. Literally. I love looking back and reading previous posts which is why you'll see posting about most things I do.

My love for taking photos + my love for London = a snap-happy me. 

You can't really explore London in a day but I was adamant to revisit as many places as I could! I hope to visit Notting Hill (in search for Will and his bookshop), Soho and Covent Garden. I think I'll wait until it's a bit warmer because despite having the best time, the cold weather did start to take its toll. At one point I genuinely thought my hand was going to detach itself from my arm - it was freezing

Approaching Trafalgar Square, a street artist used chalk to create the loveliest message - introducing individuals from across the world to engage in peace, with the words 'Welcome to London' next to many drawings of flags. So simply done but the most beautiful thing to have seen, especially at a time when nearly every county seems to be at war with one another. This sort of restores faith, knowing that there is more good in the world than there is bad. If only everyone had this outlook on life. 

If you've read previous posts, you'll know that we somehow, magically, unknowingly entered into the realms of SHOPPING. If this has ever happened to you, you'll understand the power of shopping for clothes. It sometimes just happens - we were bribed by a force...something forced us to head to Oxford Street, we tried to refrain but to no avail. Therefore, we can't be blamed. The effort to prevent ourselves spending money was there. If you do end up in Oxford Street, it is a rule that you must enter Selfridges. I only go in because I feel like I'm in a scene from Elf (the scene in which a shop assistant offers him a spray of perfume and he politely accepts and sprays it in his mouth). There was a beautiful floral decorative counter advertising a new perfume, you can see this below! Possibly the prettiest counter I've ever encountered

No comments:

Post a Comment