Sunday, 1 February 2015

A Coconut Concoction

I wouldn't say this recipe is at all a new invention, nor is it something crazily difficult to make. It's quick and easy and very, very healthy. 

After eating one (maybe two...two and a half, tops) red velvet cookie with a melting white chocolate centre that oozed its way out right into my mouth, I decided a healthy dinner was the only thing that'd make me feel a little less guilty (right after this I had two oat and raisin cookies so my plan didn't go to plan...today has been a cookie kind of day).

You will need:
- Pure/virgin coconut oil (to fry the chicken and vegetables)
- Sliced chicken pieces (for the snazzy vegetarians out there - this can be omitted and replaced with anything you like!)
- Vegetables of any kind (I used green beans, peppers, carrots and spinach leaves) 
- Gluten free Thai rice noodles 

Steps:
1. Melt the pure coconut oil in a pan (this begins as a solid form)
2. Add the chicken and fry until cooked
3. Add the vegetables and leave to heat through
4. Soak the noodles in boiling hot water for 5-10 mins - to save some time, I boiled the kettle, so no need to boil via the gas/electric 
5. Add the boiled noodles to the pan of chicken and veg
Finally, 6. sprinkle some salt if required and serve 

This is only a little inspiration as finding fun things to make for dinner always proves a bit difficult! It's fairly cheap to make too. 










Louie has his eye on my plate... 


No comments:

Post a Comment