Thursday, 29 January 2015

'A Little Black Dress for Lashes'

After becoming aware that Kendall Jenner is the face of Estee Lauder's new eyelash primer, I decided that I needed this primer - even though my trusty mac mascara gives me great results. 


(I saw Cady Heron wearing army pants and flip flops...so I bought army pants and flip flops) 


Estee Lauder is a beautiful brand with lovely products and renowned for great quality. I was expecting the primer itself to be a little overpriced but at £20, I figured it wasn't too expensive so purchased it from a Boots store. It makes sense to 'prep' the eyelashes because prior to applying foundation, primer always makes the skin look a lot smoother and almost allows you to begin working on a clear, blank canvas to ensure the skin doesn't look too dry, nor too oily. I use The Body Shop's Vitamin C Skin Reviver for this. 





The product claims to tint, amplify and set and I can confirm it does all three really well. There's nothing I hate more than when mascara leaves clumps; I prefer lashes to look long and to sit individually. 


Below shows the 'tint' and 'amplify' stage - my lashes are naturally black so the primer instantly lengthened my lashes - all prepped for the application of mascara, as shown in the second photo. Of course, this product can be applied simply as a 'mascara' whereby the lashes are tinted 'silky black' (as stated on the packaging). 


Here, I have applied Mac's In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash. The mascara itself has dried out significantly so outcomes may vary for you if you're using a newer mascara! I'm looking to try Clinique's High Impact Mascara as I've read some great reviews. 



I'm not sure how to word this to describe the primer's texture, but upon application it feels very 'fluffy' (does that make sense...probably not) as opposed to a mascara's usual consistency. The brush is curved which makes it very easy to apply and because it fits 'around' the shape of all the lashes, you won't accidentally smudge any anywhere!




No comments:

Post a Comment