Friday, 16 January 2015

Bobbi Brown

I've never been an avid make-up user and it's not exactly a passion of mine, but recently I've become quite excited at the prospect of purchasing new products. The Urban Decay palette is a popular favourite with many and after many Instagram posts of the product itself I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. However, scouring the Bobbi Brown counter in a local John Lewis I quickly fell in love with the Warm Eye Palette. 
I'm not an expert when it comes to make-up, but learning to create new looks is a lot of fun!
I am keen to watch youtube tutorials and have promised myself that I'll learn how to apply make-up effectively and properly in the future but for now, I plan to review the remaining two products shown in the following photos. 



Bobbi Brown's Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation, unfortunately, proved to be very drying on my skin. I had to return this and purchased Mac Face and Body foundation - a foundation I've been using for a few years! Mac foundation, particularly the Face and Body does not dry out the skin, leave a heavy film over the face nor does it make the skin look greasy.  In the past, I've used an array of brands but I have never been as happy with a foundation, its shade and its texture, as I am with my Mac C3. I tend to opt for a lighter shade as opposed to finding one that matches my exact skin colour  because I find a lighter shade brightens up the complexion, which in turn makes the skin look a little healthier. 


The Bobbi Brown bronzing powder was an impulse buy and sits on the skin very nicely. As well as applying bronzer on the face, brushing the product over the neck avoids the risk of both the neck and face looking a little different in colour. 








The photo below illustrates two things, one being a misuse of glitter eye shadow and the other a terribly messy eyebrow. I decided to leave my eyebrows alone in the hope that they would grow out; this would mean I'd have to spend less money having them tended to every few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment