Saturday, 4 October 2014

Cups of Tea and TV

It's officially two and a half months until Christmas, aka, the MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR. And everyone knows one of the best things about cold winter days is the fact you can spend an entire day inside watching films and drinking hot chocolate without feeling guilty. I've decided to write about some of my all time favourite films to keep you busy during the winter months. 

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...This is one of my favourite films and I've watched it a million times! Nothing makes me happier than seeing Ferris lip sync all the words to 'Twist and Shout'. This is a classic and if you haven't seen it yet then where have you been and what have you been doing?

With the exception of Ferris and his day off, I love love love British films. I LOVE them. There's something really lovely about films set in London and hearing British accents! 

Love Actually 
This one is a clear winner, I don't think it needs much of an explanation. This is the film everybody watches during the lead up to Christmas. 

About Time

I cannot recommend this film enough. It' one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen and had me crying at points that probably weren't expectant of a few tears. What I love about it is that some of the locations used within the film are places that can be visited in real life! This means I could go to the actual restaurant where the actual actors actually go to actually film the actual scene. Actual.

Notting Hill

Hugh Grant is a splendid actor and wows in any film he stars in. In this film he plays quite a vulnerable character who falls in love with the beautiful Julia Roberts. Who recognises the phrase 'I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her'? Hugh Grant, or Will, is hesitant to fall in love because he knows of the devastating consequences of heartbreak. But does he take a risk? After all, love is the one thing we all seek. 

Four Weddings and a Funeral

Richard Curtis is undoubtedly the ultimate screenwriter. He has produced some of the most amazing films - including Four Weddings and a Funeral. This film is one of the funniest films and I love how the combination of a male British character alongside an American actress works so brilliantly, just like the characters in About Time and Notting Hill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment