Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Growing Sunflowers

Waltzing round the aisles of the supermarket on my own, I stumbled across an array of packeted seeds with illustrative photos detailing what the seeds hiding away inside would grow to become. From day one, yellow has always been my favourite colour (ever) and so I was instantly drawn to the packet of sunflower seeds amongst the reds, pinks, purples and oranges on offer. Sunflowers are one of my favourites and so I was eager to grow my own (...or appoint my dad as the grower whilst reaping the rewards and telling people I grew them myself, but we can keep that bit quiet!). 



Starting off as the tiniest weeds, we had no idea how big they would become and I blame sheer excitement for the fact I failed to see the word GIANT scripted on the front of the packet...




Louie making an appearance...


No comments:

Post a Comment