Sunday, 6 April 2014

How to Alleviate Pangs of Stress and Worry

Exams are over which means I can finally do more important things (like shopping and eating) without feeling guilty. Everyone experiences stress and worry when under pressure, and people telling you to 'try not to worry' is probably the most unhelpful advice ever given in the history of worst advice. 

Writing
I love writing - making lists of things that need to be done is a perfect method that makes me feel a little more at ease when I've got a million things on my mind. 

Yoga
Exercise releases the happy endorphins and you'll end up feeling a million times better if you partake in some kind of activity! For those of you who aren't fond on the idea of anything fast-paced - try yoga! Yoga for Beginners by Adriene is perfect to start with! She's produced so many excellent videos so you're able to start from the very beginning and progress.

Reading
I always find sitting with a new book forces you to forget about everything else going on - especially when the book is a great one! It's something I've had to learn, but stay off your phone for at least an hour before you sleep. Reading makes you very sleepy and is the perfect thing to do to get a good night's sleep. And if you're not a bookworm, the smell of new books is the second best thing! Magazines and anything else read-able is a good idea too. (And when I say read-able, I don't mean Twitter). 

Music
I don't know what I'd do without music! You'll find it very difficult to find me without my earphones in... Music has the ability to brighten up a dampened mood!

Cooking
Bake a cake! Making something from scratch and watching it turn in to something you can actually EAT means you're being productive whilst enjoying yourself - you'll feel a tremendous sense of achievement in doing so!


No comments:

Post a Comment