Wednesday, 12 February 2014

Reliving Prom



The concept of 'prom' is a looming thought for the majority of girls,' due to the sudden realisation that the event is only five or so months away. That means there is approximately 150 days left to panic/stress/worry about:

1. I need to find a dress
2. What colour dress?!
2.  How should I have my hair?
3. I need to find shoes
4. Should I wear earrings? 
5. Curly or straight hair? 
6. How will I arrive at prom? 
7. Should I wear a necklace? 
8. Shall I wear my hair up or down? 
9. Who am I going to prom with? 
10. I CAN'T FIND A DRESS 


Firstly, I bought my prom dress two weeks before prom. And my shoes - four days before. I knew I wanted a cream dress with roses on and I wasn't going to give up until I found one exactly like it! 

I went with three of my best friends and we arrived in an ice cream van - the most fun ever. I would definitely advise going to prom with your closest friends rather than desperately seeking for someone specifically.

Our prom had a 'funfair' theme and there were several activites going on around the room which worked so well. The highlight was undoubtedly the candy floss machine! 

Prom season is fast approaching (or feels like it) for secondary schools across the country and reminiscing and looking at past photos is one of my favourite things to do. For me, prom was around three years ago but I can still remember it like it was yesterday! The event is a milestone for the majority of youngsters, particularly girls, so this post is a trip down memory lane! 

       
                 


I found my dress on a cheap and reliable website called iOffer which was available for a while after I purchased it. 

I would always opt for a simple and elegant dress which makes it easier to find jewellery! 

Many of my friends' dresses were from Coast and Monsoon, but eBay is always a good option too! If you have a dress in mind but you're unable to find one you truly love, it is possible to find someone who will make your desired dress for you, although this may be costly. 


Good Luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment