Wednesday, 6 November 2013

MAC


What happens when a new MAC store opens in a nearby shopping centre? THE ABOVE HAPPENS, that's what. 

A trip to West Quay in Southampton with my mum to return a coat meant we had time to 'only visit' the new Mac store in John Lewis. We had no intention whatsoever to spend any money (I secretly did) and after a lovely lady revealed to my mum that she was half Italian, my mum decided she had to buy something considering she was Italian too... don't ask me how she came up with this proposal because I have no idea. 

Ruby Woo (click here) has always been a favourite of mine - the matte texture look it gives really stands out and the colour is different to all of the usual red lipsticks available out there. Mac describes its colour as 'Very matte vivid blue-red' and although I'm no expert when it comes to make-up, I would certainly recommend this shade to anyone. I'm not at all brave when it comes to experimenting in terms of makeup nor when it comes to outfits, but I'll be wearing this lipstick as often as I can despite the fact the colour itself is arguably quite daring.  

Lastly, I'm almost certain that the mac lipsticks are edible. After researching online, it seems I'm not the only one who thinks that the lipsticks smell good enough to eat; the smell can only be described as imitating the scent of a vanilla cake and at the price of £15, you're essentially buying a cake and a lipstick, so what more could a girl wish for? 




No comments:

Post a Comment