Friday, 6 July 2012

Do What Makes You Happy

While the main goal for me in life is, ostensibly, to be happy, I began to realise that I’m quick to tell people to follow their dreams whilst very rarely following my own advice. I’ve basically planned my life right down to the tiny detail of what colour I’m going to paint the front door of my house (it’ll be yellow) and I’ve started to realise my dream of becoming a writer may very well be, just a dream. I enjoy writing but in this world many people struggle to get a career doing what they love as well as earning money that will allow them to ‘get by’. Young people are susceptible to influence, particularly from parents and teachers and if I’m ever lucky enough to have a family of my own, I’m going to make sure that my children grow up doing what they love, and I hope that whatever they do end up doing in life, that they do it for themselves and not for anyone else. If I’m happy to tell other people to do what they enjoy, then why am I not telling myself the same thing? I know exactly where I want to be in 10 years time but I know it'll take a lot of work to get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment